Where’s the nosh, I hear you cry? It’s in MY OTHER FREEZER which is in the garage (get me). This has been fine, except for yesterday when I had to run out there in the pouring rain and nearly slipped A over T in the yard with 4 fish fingers in my hand.
In the process of doing this I discovered:
- a packet of sausages
- 2 spam fritters
- 50 gallons of various stocks
- some frozen whole damsons (how are they not gin yet?)
- if you give a block of ice to Joel, he will put it in his mouth, even if it has crumbs of unknown origin embedded in it
- cheap plastic shatters when you drop it – we now have chicken stock with added plastic chips
- we have lots of stewed damsons & plums. Really, lots. Who wants Pie?
- my very small chest freezer doesn’t have a drainage hole
- a bag of beef chunks from Leeds market. We thought we’d eaten it all. Apart from the bag we had to throw out because it went rancid. That was tasty beef. (The stuff we ate, not the rancid stuff)
- it’s a lot easier to organise a freezer if you have drawers
- a single ribena cone-lolly
It’s now, however, frost-free and ready to receive food again. I need a strategy for making sure I know what’s in there going forward. Any ideas?